Saturday 4 June 2011

I'm a star!

Well, interesting thing happened today.  I was in the main street using the internet cafe (hey- why is it a called a cafe - the guy in charge wouldn't make me a hot chocolate!), and as I was waiting for the Maori with the hardly-anything car to pick me up, a group of Thai men exited a shop near me, and started taking photos of me.  I mean, I had no other choice - I posed with them, signed their cards that they had - smiled and waved at them as I drove off - but I will never know, who on earth they thought I was.  Ronnie said i was 'more than naughty' - but I felt like a superstar, deserving my 15 seconds of fame, so buggrit I reckon.  I can imagine them going home and telling people they met...um. yeah, got no idea who they thought they were meeting...I wonder if they'll be there tomorrow?

We visited Mum again today - it was the first time I have seen her looking sad.  It must be hard for proud independent Maori to have to be dependent on strangers, even if they are nice, caring nurse-type strangers.
Here is a photo...

No comments:

Post a Comment